The mission of the Monrovia Middle library is to provide a learning environment that is conducive to learning. The mission is accomplished by:
1. Providing resources that enhance classroom learning through use of varied resources to prepare students
for lifetime use of libraries and information sources.
2. Providing a broad range of resources that are diverse and developmentally appropriate
3. Providing a well maintained and varied collection for both students and faculty
4. Stimulating interest in reading
5. Working with teachers to design learning strategies to meet the needs of students
The Monrovia Middle Media Center is a large library of approximately 10,000 fiction and nonfiction books. The Library also hosts a computer lab and several AV resources for the faculty of Monrovia Middle School. The Library offers open access to students throughout the day and a curriculum of Information Science courses to various classes.
The Media Center is staffed by two professional librarians, Mrs. Wendy Stewart and Mrs. Lexie Austin.
1. Students must have a signed Acceptable Use Policy form on file.
2. Students are not to access non-school or personal internet accounts from school.
3. Students are not to play internet games on the computer.
4. Students must document all internet sources when used for research.
5. Students must not change settings or download anything on the library computers.
6. Students must print out school work only.
I am super excited to begin my 5th year as a librarian at Monrovia Middle School. I have a passion for books and reading and I love to work with kids! This will be my 15th year here at MMS. My first 10 years I taught 6th grade reading and even a little social studies. I graduated in 2000 from UAH and pursued my Masters Degree in Library Media in 2008 from the University of West Alabama.
You can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Lexie Austin:
I am a born and raised Huntsville, AL native. I graduated from Grissom High School. I have my Bachelor of Arts in the Humanities from Brigham Young University and my Masters degree in Library Science from Texas Woman's University. I worked for the Huntsville Madison County Public Library for 10 years before coming to Monrovia Middle School. This is my 4th year as librarian at MMS.
You can contact me at: email@example.com